Monday, August 18, 2008

Thing Twenty-One!

I read the articles. I was particularly interested in the one that talked about the whole library social website - promoting the author's visit, linking the books to the catalog, making a podcast of the visit, posting photos of the visit on site. That is a terrific library use of web 2.0 technology!

I joined ning and added the badge. I can see it would be a good way to "socialize" if you have the time or need for that. I have neither.

I looked through quite a few other social networks - Open Source Foods was great - I love to cook, and I love to sort through recipes with pictures, so I can quickly determine if its something the kids will eat and Doug can eat. Craftster is pretty cool. When I have a moment (which is rare), I make things. This is a great source of inspiration and fun for me. Flixster looked pretty cool, too. And although I love movies and watch quite a lot, I don't think I'd make the time to chat about them with strangers

No comments: