Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing 16: Student 2.0 Tools

For a procrastinator by nature, I think these tools would have been helpful for me in college.

The U of M Assignment Calculator would be great for students there, it has many helpful links and I like how it is well connected to resources on campus, and even to professors.

The Research Project Calculator seemed easy to use, I liked the additional materials and teacher helps. It would be great for secondary and post secondary students working on projects.

I think a college library would make the most use of these tools. Our public library patrons would not make much use of the tools. I can see using them as a librarian on occasion if I had a big project, or had to keep myself on task for something with an upcoming due date.

No comments: