Friday, April 18, 2008

Thing Twenty - Libraries and Social Networks

I have both MySpace and Facebook accounts. Myspace seems a bit young for me, can hardly stand to look at it anymore. Facebook has become, for my extended family, a fun way of keeping in touch and sharing (and tagging each other in) photos. It's obvious who has spare time and who doesn't because you could waste, um, enjoy hours and hours joining groups, poking each other, blah, blah.

As far as library uses, I can see having a library account, adding friends, updating with recent activities, add photos of recent events, current events, linking book and authors, etc. My church recently started a facebook account and is adding members. The young kids are especially drawn to it as a format for acquiring info, because they're on facebook with their friends anyway.

No comments: