Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thing One - set up a blog

Thing one went pretty well. It was fun choosing and setting up things. I might do more tweaking on it as I go. I'm very excited about the 23 things! I don't particularly like having an avatar, but my daughter helped "dress" me.

Puellabiblio: puella (poo-EL-ah) is Latin for girl; biblio is book. The word for librarian is too long. (I was a Latin major in college) I've used Puella Press as a business name for my book preservation and repair for many years, so it seemed a logical extension.

2 comments:

aurora said...

Welcome to 23 Things on a Stick! I'm not the biggest fan of avatars, either, but it looks like your daughter did a good job helping with yours.

If you are interested in seeing other SELS Members' blogs to comment, ask questions, or just read about someone else's experiences, you can find those http://macaribou.blogspot.com/

Aurora Jacobsen from SELCO

Ann said...

Congrats on getting started with 23 Things on a Stick! SELCO staff, including me, will be working through the program as well. We hope to have fun along the way and will offer the opportunity for regional prizes to all who complete the program by National Library Week. Enjoy!

Ann Hutton at SELCO.